19; University of Ottawa, Telfer School of Management
Getting through life and my commerce degree in honours accounting
I love Harry Potter, literature, musical theatre, indie music, WOW butter, rain, curly hair, and strawberries.
Depression is not a synonym for being sad or having a bad day/bad week.
- 1: Watch your favorite series
- 2: Make a pillow fort
- 3: Jump on your bed until you fall down
- 4: Make hot chocolate or tea
- 5: Indulge in something
- 6: Play with a pet
- 7: Put your hands in ice water
- 8: Run from it until you can breathe
- 9: Watch your favorite movie
- 10: Try to find new music.
Did you know on average the human body needs 8 positive touches a day to survive? This includes: hand shakes, a hand on the shoulder, a hug, a kiss. etc. So you people saying, people that are depressed are just upset because they don’t get attention, in a way, you’re right, when your body lacks positive touches it can stunt your growth and effect your mental and emotional development. Give a hug.
- me 50% of the time: I want to do well in school and make my parents proud and wear pretty clothes and do yoga and drink green tea and be in control of my life
- me the other 50%: I want to drink too much and not care about anyone and kiss boys whose names I don't remember and always go out with my friends and be out of control
- me actually: *sitting in my bed, tumbling, listening to music or watching tv, eating, crying, doing nothing all day long*